Thursday, February 28, 2013

I think I need a baby

NOT a human baby mind you but a baby of some sort.  I saw a photo on Facebook of a darling 1 1/2 year old girl dog who just lost her home and family and the craving hit.  She's in a shelter in West Virginia and is on hold until 5:30 this evening.  If she isn't adopted by then, I want her.  Husband and son are agreeable.  Husband even suggested that we get a puppy instead but with what Charlie went through with his bacterial infection and losing Patty to Parvo, I figure an older dog will be much better.  Beside I doubt a puppy could keep up with Charlie and Kali.

The West Virgina shelter only needs to see our driver's license to adopt.  Howard County (where I live) wants a pint of blood and your first born.  The do a house inspection and even refused the best enighbors in the world a dog simply because said neighbors have a goat... a pygmy.. B Boy... he and I have a bleating conversation every morning. The neighbors already have a dog that the goat doesn't bother so who knows what they were thinking?   I know it's supposed to be the best for the animals but really now.  And the local rescue groups want and average of $300 when you adopt.  So to West Virginia we may go.  If I don't get this girl it means another family did and that's what's important.  As long as she gets a home.

I was also considering a rescued pot belly pig till I read up on them and then decided a pig is not the way to go.  They get bored and destroy things, they can get their feelings hurt and destroy things, they are always on the lookout for food and can destroy things.  They can also live 20 years and since I"m already in my sixties... well.. a pig is out of the question. 

I don't want a car or kitten because I am sick to death of the remaining cat we have using whatever for a litter box (yes her box is clean) including the laundry bag with the laundry in it.  I am quite sick of the smell of cat pee and the crunch of litter underfoot.  I need something that will give me affection and not only 'allow' me to give it affection.

So.. that's the story morning glory.  Maybe with a new baby in the house I won't be so awfully grumpy all the time.  Fingers crozzed.

No comments:

Post a Comment